The International Association for Archaeological Research in Western & Central Asia is aimed to establish a worldwide link between scholars, to defend the archaeological discipline and its scientists, to propose a number of services (informing, encouraging joint projects, mentoring promising students, advising international organizations).
This new international association will be steered by a democratically elected Board, with a limited-time mandate, through a transparent process including all the regularly affiliated members.
The association will propose a general and regular Congress, and a series of regional and transversal workshops at venues decided by its members and Executive Board.
- Acting as an advisory body as concerns contacts with UNO, UNESCO, ICOMOS, ICCROM, WMF, …
- Proposing a dialogue with sister associations
- Advising as concerns any matter related to its scientifical and social objectives
- Promoting an ethics charter, valid for archaeology and its related disciplines
- Encouraging publication
- Proposing archaeological fieldwork training or other activities addressed to students
- Encouraging career development for students and mentoring the most promising ones
- Defending affiliates in difficult circumstances
- Providing assistance to colleagues and students of countries in state of war
- Recommending international project funding
- Contacting the press and producing press releases
- Encouraging international cooperation and projects, including their publication
- Assuring the coverage of international projects supported by the association
- Encouraging the share of information between the archaeological missions and the host countries
- Promoting the social and environmental sustainability of the archaeological research